Wednesday, February 27, 2013

God is an Astronaut


If you were to look at my last.fm (listed above), only P.O.S. (Hip-Hop) and Dance Gavin Dance (Post-Hardcore) would trump God is an Astronaut in terms of plays. God is an Astronaut has so many plays because the band can give you do many different sounds. Most of them are built on a foundation of soundscapes that sound out of this world and visual to go with that. I have never seen them live but those who have rave about their ability to but as stunning visually as they are musically

My favourite release of there is All is violent, all is bright which is also their most critically acclaimed album. It include Remembrance Day an awesome that just sounds like it was made to explain visuals in space.  The slow start and strong build-up leads to an epic conclusion thst must be checked out.


This is night drive music. Night drive music is wind-down to the point of relaxation but still awareness. I feel like God I an Astronaut can make any student need. Their recent stuff is a little less relaxing than their earlier stuff but I could see if someone views their stuff opposite I do. Either way check out the band and please enjoy.

Below are full streams of THREE albums. Please enjoy. I know I have.




Age of the Fifth Sun - Download
All is Violent, All is Bright - Download
Far From Refuge - Download

God is an Astronaut - MySpace - Last.fm - Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I can see what you are talking about when I listen to the song. I will have to give this a shot in the next few nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some pretty great tunes! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tracks, love discovering new music. Musical diversity is very important to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your appreciation of music and how you provided the link for us to listen and capture what you are describing! Cool blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool tunes! I can imagine this music being part of a movie sound track. It reminds of back in the day when I used to go to local shows. My friends created similar music, at their shows they would have an interpretative element where two of'em would have Jedi fights with lightsabers. lol.

    ReplyDelete